Monday, April 22, 2013

Busy, Busy Busy! April 22, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy!... Wow... I started this blog truly intending to write every nite but life gets in the way sometimes. Started a new class on Tuesday - Health Care Economics_ which brings back the nightmare of my undergrad days, trying to pass Intro to Economics and having absolutely no comprehension of anything taught. It did not help that the professor did not speak English very well and the class was on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 8:15 am. I am not a morning person. I have gotten slightly better as I have aged but admit to not having the ability to comprehend most important things told to me. My children have been warned time and time again to have me sign papers or to tell me anything important that needs my attention in the evening. I think my 15 yo son purposely ignores this request as he must get some perverse pleasure in placing the blame of inaction on me. Worked hard on Friday trying to complete as many assignments for the weekend since daughter's shower was on Saturday.

Overslept on Saturday morning! (9:30). The shower was at 1pm and we were supposed to get there at 12:15 to set up the room. The shower was being held at a restaurant to make it easier on me since I am not able to stay on my leg for very long without the pain becoming unbearable and unmanageable. I have always hosted all events from 4 - 150 on my own, cooking all the food, setting-up, serving, cleaning, and taking it down. Even though the shower was taken care of I still had to make 2 trays of baked ziti and meatballs, garlic bread, and salad for the menfolk coming along for the ride but not allowed to invade the hen party. Ended up getting into the shower at 11:55 and making it to Charlie Brown's by 12:55 - 5 minutes to spare. Most of the day was a blur but I have been told that everyone had an enjoyable time and my daughter received so many of the necessities. Realized I am associated with some creative and imaginative people when I saw the play-doh babies, lol! Van was packed to the brim and the gift list matching gift and giver left behind and never found. (Guilty, :-( ). On to home, saw off the last of the company and vegitated until we all fell into an exhausted slumber.

Sunday, April 21, 2013. The anniversary of the day I came into this world. I was served my favorite breakfast in bed (sauteed baby spinach, topped with poached egg and a slice of crumbled bacon - I could eat it three meals a day everyday for the rest of my life!). I had gotten up early to watch mass at 5:30 am and dozed until breakfast. A wonderful nap followed by a feast of Chinese food made for a wonderful day. All my children and my husband had remembered although after forgetting it one year I do not think any of them will ever repeat that mistake. Working on an Economics paper the only downfall of the day. Caitlyn beginning to nest a bit - perhaps the need to put away the shower goodies helping to give her a shove to find the floor!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment