Friday, May 3, 2013

The time draws near... May 4, 2013

"It's not soon, I have at least a couple of weeks yet"...said my 38 plus week pregnant daughter in her la-la- land state of denial. She says it is her body and she will know. I smile thinking of the multitudes of pregnant women who show up at the hospital sure they are in full labor and are not even contracting - usually just a very active large baby making mommy uncomfortable. She started working full time this week - huh you say, did you not just write she is about to give birth?-yup that's correct and as a nanny no less to four young boys ages 8, 6, 4, and 18mos. Talk about a quick initiation into motherhood! The first two weeks are full time then she will only work from 9-1 each day. That's how she knows the baby will wait until one of her BFF's is home from college to fill in for her. If only we could plan our lives so easily...

The day will arrive soon enough and I am sure some chaos will ensue since she is insistent that the father of the baby bring her to the hospital instead of meeting us there adding 40 minutes to his already greater than 2 1/2 hour ride here. She is a bit astounded I think that although she has told us he will be staying with her in the hospital until discharge I will also be there. I feel he should take a nap a few hours post delivery and then head home to his wife and three beautiful daughters. Yes it is his baby honey we keep telling her but you are not a family. For someone so smart she is incredibly dumb when it comes to understanding this concept. her delivering this weekend would be nice for me also as I am good friends with the staff working - this used to be my scheduled weekend of work - it would be like old times. Their support of us would make for a beautiful birth if there are no complications, She is beginning to dilate and if 50% effaced with the head down very low so it would not be unrealistic for labor to occur - especially with her dad and younger brother being out of touch deep sea fishing with the scouts, her oldest brother away on a cruise and my other son finishing up his work week. It will just be the two of us tomorrow. I need to write an Economics paper - anyone have thoughts for a topic? It's due Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment