Saturday, June 15, 2013

Prodromal labor:What do you mean it's not real?...May 14, 2013

 And now the catch-up begins - yes the computer says June 15th but now I have to backtrack and enter all my hastily scribbled pen and paper blogs written while I was without technology! On May 14th at around 6pm my very pregnant daughter arrives home from a full day of nannying and announces 'I think it's labor .cause I just had four bad contractions on the way home.' For the next few  hours I watched and felt her belly during the irregular short contractions and told her that she was in prodromal labor. Her reply with a look of panic was 'What is prodromal labor?' When I explained that it was an uncomfortable period of contractions that pretty much are useless I was not received too nicely! After a warm shower she finally settled in for some rest after I promised she would not deliver in the bed, The next morning she wakes up and gets ready for work and goes to nanny despite my objections. The parents thought her crazy!! She finished the day came home exhausted and asking when it was going to be the real thing. I remember having horrible, prodomal labor with my first and truly felt for her as I knew how exhausting it could be.  I tell her to try to nap a bit and I would make her something light to eat in case it decides to become real...it's going to be a LOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG Night!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment